The Liberty Group – SoCal
|Location:||SANTA CLARA, CA|
|Base Rate:||$30.00 – $30.00 Per Hour Based on Experience|
|Click the link below to continue with the application process.|
|STEP 2 Create Profile|
The Liberty Group
Maintenance Supervisor Job Description
Considered candidate will have at least 3 or more years’ of hands-on property management building maintenance experience; Apartment supervisory experience is required. HVAC EPA Certification, Type I & II and CPO Certification required based on the property’s needs. On-call is required.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible under the supervision of the Property Manager for the overall appearance and maintenance of the apartment community. The Maintenance Supervisor must maintain exterior of the property daily, provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times, with assistance of other team members when applicable. They are responsible for the supervision and assignment of tasks to maintenance personnel.
In addition, they are responsible for supervising the work performed by outside contractors. The Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of make-readies and communicating move-in/move-out schedules with the Property Manager. They are also responsible for the compliance with and training on Safety Policies and programs.
• Directs and supervises daily activities of the service team, such as planning and preparing work schedules, assigning tasks and delegating work, monitoring progress and work flow, reviewing work for timeliness and accuracy, and appraising work performance.
• Assists Property Manager in hiring, counseling and termination of service associates.
• Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliances.
• Supervises all work by outside contractors to ensure they are completed with satisfaction.
• Assist Property Manager in the bidding process of projects and compiling scopes of work.
• Assist Property Manager in locating and purchasing materials and supplies for the property while staying within budget.
• Maintains an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies applicable to the maintenance of the property.
• Follows proper procedures for online accounting system, including but limited to creating and approving purchase orders.
• Manages open service request and updates status in property management softwarei.
• Coordinates with the Property Manager all move-ins and move-outs and maintains a schedule to timely completion of apartment make-readies, ensure that apartments are complete and ready prior to move-in date.
• Schedules, monitors, and performs preventative maintenance.
• Maintains and supervises proper maintenance of all common area amenities.
• Maintains exterior of the property and grounds daily, to provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times.
• Maintains compliance with OSHA regulations and hazardous chemicals program as well as the Safety Risk Manual forms and checklists, per schedule.
• Cross trains, coaches and develops qualified candidates for future opportunities within the company.
• Maintains a schedule with the Property Manager to ensure the availability of ‘on call’ personnel for after hours, weekends and holiday emergencies.
• Responds to on-call emergencies.
Maintenance Supervisor Required Skills
• Strong leadership and management skills; ability to direct a team and supervise vendors.
“The Liberty Group provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. The Liberty Group is a full-service recruiting and personnel placement firm dedicated to helping individuals build rewarding careers in the Apartment Industry.”