The Liberty Group – South Carolina Apartment Staffing
|Base Rate:||$19.00 – $19.00 Per Hour Based on Experience|
|Click the link below to continue with the application process.|
|STEP 2 Create Profile|
The Liberty Group is hiring immediately for a Maintenance Supervisor in your area.
Maintenance Supervisor Job Description
Considered candidate will have at least 3 or more years’ of hands-on property management building maintenance experience; Apartment supervisory experience is required. HVAC EPA Certification, Type I & II and CPO Certification required based on the property’s needs. On-call is required.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible under the supervision of the Property Manager for the overall appearance and maintenance of the apartment community. The Maintenance Supervisor must maintain exterior of the property daily, provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times, with assistance of other team members when applicable. They are responsible for the supervision and assignment of tasks to maintenance personnel.
In addition, they are responsible for supervising the work performed by outside contractors. The Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of make-readies and communicating move-in/move-out schedules with the Property Manager. They are also responsible for the compliance with and training on Safety Policies and programs.
- Directs and supervises daily activities of the service team, such as planning and preparing work schedules, assigning tasks and delegating work, monitoring progress and work flow, reviewing work for timeliness and accuracy, and appraising work performance.
- Assists Property Manager in hiring, counseling and termination of service associates.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliances.
- Supervises all work by outside contractors to ensure they are completed with satisfaction.
- Assist Property Manager in the bidding process of projects and compiling scopes of work.
- Assist Property Manager in locating and purchasing materials and supplies for the property while staying within budget.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies applicable to the maintenance of the property.
- Follows proper procedures for online accounting system, including but limited to creating and approving purchase orders.
- Manages open service request and updates status in property management software.
- Coordinates with the Property Manager all move-ins and move-outs and maintains a schedule to timely completion of apartment make-readies, ensure that apartments are complete and ready prior to move-in date.
- Schedules, monitors, and performs preventative maintenance.
- Maintains and supervises proper maintenance of all common area amenities.
- Maintains exterior of the property and grounds daily, to provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times.
- Maintains compliance with OSHA regulations and hazardous chemicals program as well as the Safety Risk Manual forms and checklists, per schedule.
- Cross trains, coaches and develops qualified candidates for future opportunities within the company.
- Maintains a schedule with the Property Manager to ensure the availability of ‘on call’ personnel for after hours, weekends and holiday emergencies.
- Responds to on-call emergencies.
Maintenance Supervisor Required Skills
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to direct a team and supervise vendors.
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to manage difficult customers and/or situations.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem solving skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Ability to read and comprehend budgets.
- Ability to be on-call for after-hour emergencies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
Maintenance Supervisor Required Experience
- 3 or more years’ of hands-on apartment experience is required.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- EPA Certification, Type II required.
- CPO Certification required as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Experience with property management accounting software is helpful for the Maintenance Supervisor position.
The Liberty Group has been doing recruiting and placements in the multifamily industry since 1977 and experience matters when helping you find the perfect fit for your new opportunity! We offer lots of great benefits such as: Employee of the Month program, 1000-Hour club where Holiday, Vacation pay, Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, Prescription Plans and 401k are options you can choose, Amazing Referral Program where you have the potential to earn $100 for each great candidate like yourself that you send our way, FREE training for leasing and assistant manager candidates with our monthly Leasing 101 and Leasing 102 courses and monthly EPA/410a Certification Testing to get your EPA Universal, Type I, II or III and/or 410a Certification for ONLY $35 for EPA and $30 for 410a. We work with thousands of the very BEST management firms nationwide! Don’t let your resume sit in an abyss of others if you apply to these companies on your own, let us help you get in front of the companies YOU want to work for! Apply to be a part of The Liberty Group family today. Find out what other candidates just like you say about their experience with The Liberty Group…
“I started a full time job as the result of being a temp for The Liberty Group, for which I am very grateful. Thank you.” – Lonny, Maintenance Tech
“I got my start in this industry with Liberty Group. They were always a phone call away with any issues I had and always had me placed on an assignment.” – Brian, Maintenance Tech
“Everything is wonderful here and I am enjoying both the opportunity and challenges that go along with the daily work schedules not to mention the positive attitudes of the staff, it couldn’t get better than this. Thank you for your interest in my assignment and have a pleasant weekend.” – Carlos, Maintenance Tech
“Liberty Group has been a lifesaver for me and I am currently employed by them. I am working for one of Liberty groups clients in Winston Salem. The professionalism of this company is amazing and they even make calls or send emails to me asking if I’m still doing okay on my assignment. Liberty takes care of their own and I recommend them more than any other service. I got called in for an assignment 5 weeks ago and the apartment complex already wants to hire me full time. Apply yall!” –Dale, Maintenance Tech
The Liberty Group provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
“The Liberty Group provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. The Liberty Group is a full-service recruiting and personnel placement firm dedicated to helping individuals build rewarding careers in the Apartment Industry.”